Fri Nov 20 13:33:23 2015 UTC
- remove recursive idea, we'll stay authoritative - add what is done for 1.0.0 - add an idea of mine regarding the AXFR port
@@ -6,6 +6,8 @@ For 1.1.0 release
- either a zonesigner (instead of relying on BIND's) or
- signing zones immediately at startup which doesn't require a zonesigner
- TSIG support would still be nice
+- allow AXFR to bind to port 53 and pass it from main engine to axfr engine
+ via descriptor passing
For 1.0.0 release
@@ -13,29 +15,16 @@ For 1.0.0 release
- TSIG (RFC 2845) support
- partition the struct domain, so that we have selective sizes based on
what records exist. This is a lot of work but will make records under 44KB
-- DNSSEC (RFC 4034 / DNSKEY RR, DS RR, RRSIG RR, NSEC RR)
+ again. [DONE]
+- DNSSEC (RFC 4034 / DNSKEY RR, DS RR, RRSIG RR, NSEC RR) [DONE]
- Notify needs to be rewritten for allowing notifies to different slaves.
-- A zone signer possibly written in ruby.
+- A zone signer possibly written in ruby. [PARTIALLY DONE]
Anything else would be nice but I have to put it on the backburner...
* Slave AXFR would be nice (advanced)
* HINFO support (junior devels)
-* recursing and caching support rewrite (super advanced)
* openbsd port support (for 5.0/5.1 perhaps?) (junior/intermediate)
-* recursing/caching todo's: (super advanced)
- - add CNAME traversal so that www.yahoo.com would be listing both CNAME's and
- the A RR. While doing that it should check for CNAME loops.
- - zone expiry in then DB database on a timely basis...
- - retransmissions of queries in both IPv4 and IPv6
- - a way to turn off IPv6 on hosts that have IPv6 disabled.
- - a good debug why a lookup of solarscale.de flooded the nameserverservice.de
- nameservers until abort().
- - error catchings if a server fails (SERVFAIL).
- - pthread support
* windows port (advanced)
* Dynamic DNS support (advanced)